- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 leek white part only, halved, sliced small and washed thoroughly
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup wildflower honey
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- juice from 2 small freshly squeezed lemons
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add leek and cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add carrots and cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Discard cinnamon stick before serving.